Registration is Closed
Horizon West Youth Sports and Cheer is offering Pre-Season Football Training. This Pre-Season Football Training is a good way for your player to get a head start on the upcoming season to get in shape and learn. For the players that have never put on a helmet or pads, this would be a good opportunity to see if your player enjoys the game.
The training will be for players from 1st to 8th grade in this school year (8th graders graduating to 9th grade ARE ALLOWED to attend). This training will be twice a week; Thursdays 5:45pm to 7:15pm and Saturdays from 9am to 11am from May 16th – June 9th at Life Bridge Church Fields
- Players will be provided with helmets & shoulder pad (shorts and cleats should be also worn and provided by the player)
- There will be NO hitting player on player
- Tackling, Blocking and other hitting techniques will be taught with tackling dummies or pads
Pre-Season Training Drill & Station Consist of:
- Fundamentals of offense & defense
- Fundamentals of tackling and blocking
- Strength and Conditioning
- Team work and Discipline
Cost: $100 ($12.50 per session)
If your player signs up for the upcoming football season the $100 that was paid for the Pre-Season Football Training will go towards your registration fee for the fall season.
For those players that have already registered for this fall season, this training will be FREE and you will automatically be registered and don’t have to do anything but show up on May 16th.
** Cost for the Pre-Season Football training is to cover operational costs such as the field rental, equipment, porta potty rentals, etc.